Question and Answer
How do I get started with digital magazines and newspapers?
Using PressReader in your browser
- Start at https://wccls.org/research/digital-newsstand, click on Go to Digital Newsstand, and enter your library card number and password, if needed.
- To activate features like reading offline, automatic issue delivery, creating collections, and saving articles, create a free personal PressReader account from the Sign In page using your email address or preferred third-party verification.
- Please use the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. (PressReader will stop support for Microsoft Internet Explorer on July 31, 2022.)
Using the PressReader app
- Go to the PressReader app page or search for PressReader in your app store; then download the app for your device.
- If you are using wi-fi in a library, you will receive automatic access to PressReader in the app. If not, you will need to follow these steps to sign in with your library card:
- Open the PressReader app and tap Sign In.
- Tap on the Libraries & Groups option, type “Washington County” and tap Washington County Cooperative Library Services.
- Enter your library card number and password, and tap Log In.
- Don't be concerned if you see a message stating the number of hours and days you have left. Your time will reset anytime you provide your library card number.
- To activate options including reading offline, automatic issue delivery, creating collections, and saving articles, return to the app’s Sign In page to create a free personal PressReader account using your email address or preferred third-party verification.
Learn more about using PressReader
Last updated: Jul 19, 2022