Question and Answer
I am checking out a digital book using the WCCLS catalog, but I'm not able to get the title.
We include our downloadable e-books and audiobooks in the WCCLS catalog, and some users like to check out those digital titles from the catalog. This FAQ explains how to get these digital titles from the catalog.
You will find the most options for narrowing your search and seamless access to digital titles if you use the OverDrive or Libby apps on your reading device, or for Kindle users, if you search at wccls.overdrive.com. (You can also send titles to your Kindle using the Libby app.)
How to get digital titles in the WCCLS catalog
1. Turn off the pop-up blocker for your device's browser. If you're not sure how to do this, do an internet search for turn off pop-up blocker [browser] [device] (for example: turn off pop-up blocker Safari iPad)
2. Click on the Check Out button.
3. Select the format you want (how to choose) and click on Check Out Now.
4. Click on Get title and choose Download from the drop-down menu. (See pictures of step #3 and #4.)
5. If you are downloading Kindle format, a second tab or window will open in your browser, prompting you to log in to Amazon and send the title to your Kindle.
What to do if this doesn't work (for Kindle users)
1. Visit wccls.overdrive.com and log in to your account.
2. Click on Loans under My Account.
3. Click on Get Kindle Book.
What to do if this doesn't work (if you read formats other than Kindle)
1. Open the OverDrive or Libby app on the device you read/listen on, and go to the Loans on your Shelf.
2. Open the book in the app.
Last updated: Jun 26, 2018